Booray Perry – November 27th, 2018
6:30 – 9:00pm
The Residence Inn
Gulf Coast Towne Center, 10054 Gulf Center Dr., Fort Myers, FL
Flashes, Files and Fast Glass
Understanding the technical stuff that will make you a better photographer
Photography can be hard. There’s lots of numbers, big words and sometimes even math. Truthfully, some of the best photographers in the world don’t understand it all. You are not alone.
This is the program that will help you finally understand so many of the concepts that you’ve struggled with! With humor and real-world examples, Booray will finally help you understand those photography terms and concepts that you are embarrassed to admit you’ve never quite understood. You’ll come away from his program smarter and most importantly, you’ll come away a better photographer as Booray teaches you why these concepts are vital and how you can use them to elevate your work to new levels!
This is the program for everyone who has an eye for photography but hates all the technical stuff.
- What’s the difference between the metering modes on my camera? How do they work and when should I use each one?What does “The camera renders for neutral grey” really mean? How does it affect me and what should I do about it?
- DPI-PPI-Print Size…. Finally understand what the numbers mean and how to size images for online and printing.
- Full-frame, Crop Sensor, Micro four-thirds… What should I use and why? What’s the difference really?
- Hi-speed sync, Rear curtain sync, dragging the shutter… what’s it all mean and how do I use it?
- Do I really need “Fast Glass?” Why?
- The infamous Inverse Square Law and how it will save you at a wedding or group shot.
…. And more!
Who is Booray Perry?
Booray Perry is owner/operator of Booray Perry Photography in Tampa, FL. He is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP), Photography Craftsman, PPA Councilor and Wedding/Event Photographer of the Year Tampa Area Professional Photographers Association 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
In addition to being a featured platform speaker at Imaging USA, he also hosts the Grand Imaging Awards and “Imaging USA LIVE” during the annual photography convention.
He also hosts the webcast, “IPC Live” during the four days of judging the International Print Competition and his podcast, “Photobomb” can be heard on Itunes, Google Play, Buzzsprout and Pocketcasts.